Foster Focus asked a group of former foster youth from Foster Care Alumni of America for their top 25 foster care related movies. These are the results.
- Boystown - “There's no such thing in the world as a bad boy”
- Antwone Fisher -
Antwone Fisher: I never - I never had parents.
Jerome Davenport: That would make you a medical miracle, Seaman Fisher. Where you from?
Antwone Fisher: I'm from under a rock.
- Losing Isaiah - “Any animal can give birth. That doesn't make it a mother.”
- Annie - “The sun’ll come out tomorrow.”
- The Blind Side - You're changing that boy's life.
Leigh Anne Touhy: No. He's changing mine.
- Secondhand Lions - “I've been to the orphan home before. I don't wanna go back.”
- White Oleander - “My mother was the most beautiful woman I had ever seen. She was also the most dangerous.”
- Martian Child - “I don't want to bring another kid into this world. But how do you argue against loving one that's already here?”
- Good Will Hunting - “Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.”
- The Kid - "A comedy with a smile--and perhaps a tear"
- Juno - “Wait... No! I mean, can't we just, like, kick this old school? Like, I have the baby, put it in a basket and send it your way, like, Moses and the reeds?”
- The Shipping News - “You all know... we are only passing by. We walk over these stones a few times.”
- Cider House Rules - “You know, you're one of the best, Curly, and we wouldn't let just anyone take you.”
- Angels in the Outfield - “You can't go through life thinking everyone you meet will one day let you down.”
- Problem Child - “I hope you guys are insured.”
- I Am Sam - “I worry if they take Lucy away from her father they will take away an enormous piece of her, and I worry that she will spend the rest of her life trying to fill that hole.”
- Madea’s Family Reunion - “Mable Simmons, since you can't seem to act like you have any sense except when you're caring for somebody, meet Nikki Grady. You're her new foster mother.”
- The Hurricane - “It's very important to transcend to places that hold us.”
- The Truman Show - “If his was more than just a vague ambition, if he was absolutely determined to discover the truth, there's no way we could prevent him.”
- Kramer vs. Kramer - “How much courage does it take to walk out on your kid?”
- Sleepers - “I just wish I could shut my eyes, and not see the places I've been..”
- Mommie Dearest - “They were thoughtless, selfish, spoiled children - now they won't wake you up when you need your rest.”
- Free Willy - “Don't forget me, okay? I won't forget you.”
- The Tie that Binds - Janie's been adopted by the perfect couple. With their help she can find a new life. If her real parents don't find her first.
- Jane Eyre - “Remember, the shadows are just as important as the light.”